Saturday, November 28, 2009

I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

they told me that a dog would cause too much trouble, too much hair, pee, poo, barking, periods(heat) smell, etc etc I didnt listen becuase i really wanted a a little dog. So i went to to the shelter and i go a small dog (which i adore!) im 21yrs old. Now i know why my parents warned me! a dog is too much work, cleaning, taking out to pee/poo feeding, cleaning dog hair from every single one of my clothes!!! i love my dog but it's way too mcuh trouble. I guess i wont have any children soon..if a dog is too much trouble imagine a baby!!! trouble trouble trouble1!! what shuld i do??? my dog is really pampered, she has everything that a dog could wish for but i cant be a nanny or a mommy all day everyday!!!



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

you are one of the reasons why pets end up in shelters didnt you think the dog would pee or poo?and ofcourse you have to feed if you really loved the dog you wouldnt see it as trouble another thing the heat cycles can be easily cured SPAY HER but assuming you got her from a shelter she probably already is spayed the barking is very much trainable and if shes going inside TRAIN HER! i have 2 dogs about to get a third and i honestly do not see them as trouble or too much work.next time being 21 think about the consequences.if you dont want her return her to the shelter or find a home for her.



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

Maybe you should have researched a breed that would have been good for you. Yeah, dogs do take a lot of time at first, but if you take the time to train them properly there not as much work. You should have your dog spayed to reduce odor and be sure to groom regularly to keep the hair off.



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

This is where researching beforehand would have really worked.



Find a rescue group in your area that could take the dog in. Otherwise, post an add on craigslist or petfinder.com and see what happens. Consider taking her back to the pound, or find a family that would really take care of the dog like you did. Ensure you question everyone interested, and check their homes to find it suitable.



Good luck.



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

omg are u serious????????



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

Why didn`t you read up on getting a dog if you never had one before ?? That is exactly why most dogs end up in shelters to begin with, Your only alternative is to take it to a no-kill shelter or a rescue league in hopes that someone adopts it that has the time and patience to lovingly care for it. Careful where you take it as some shelters euthanize dogs when they get overcrowded. I`m sure you don`t want that to happen to a dog you adore.



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

Yes, you are correct. Being a responsible dog owner does take much work and money.



You do love your dog so now it is up to you to take her for a little training. As for your time with her, you need to get organized. Brush her two to three times a week to keep the hair down. Get her spayed. Make a schedule for yourself and regain some order. After a while you will find that it is much easier and just part of the adult responsibility. Look at this as a good learning experience and enjoy your dog.



Good answer, 2 Westies.



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

It's nice that you got the dog from a shelter. At least it is no worse off than before, if you must take it back.



Is it a specific pure breed? If so, I would try putting an ad in the newspaper to give it to a nice home before taking it back. Don't pawn it off on relatives who don't want it, I've seen that create animosity between family members, and then the dog won't get the love it deserves.



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

To be honest, I don't see a baby being as much work as a dog. At least with babies, they're not crapping or peeing on the carpet and they don't chew furniture. They don't shed fur that gets on everything. Also, as they get older, babies become more independent and can take care of basic tasks that you used to do for them while dogs never do. A toddler and a dog aren't much different when they are about two years old but when they get older, the child is so much more advanced than the dog.



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

I did that once when I was 18. Then I moved out and my Mum wouldn't let me take him. she still has him over 10yrs later and I have one Pound puppy (now 5) and I'm getting another mutt in a few months. I also have a 5yr old son and a 1 yr old daughter.



I adp[ted a dog against my parents consent and now i regret it!?

Owning a dog(s), or any animal is a lot of work. I got up this a.m. to cat puke on the rug I'd just cleaned yesterday, noticed the muddy paw prints on the hardwood floors and the dirty white woodwork around the window and know that I'm in for several hours of hard core cleaning. I've had dogs all my adult life and continue to clean up pet messes because I can't image my life without my four legged friends. At 21 and single I wouldn't have signed up for all of this because my priorities were different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans