Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My dog sheds so bad, what can I do?

My dog is a short hair pointer and sheds like crazy! I got a short hair because i thought it would shed less, but I gusse no. Hes white so It shows up on everything. I am tired of running around like a mad woman with a lint roller and a vaccum ,please help me lol



My dog sheds so bad, what can I do?

1. Health check up at the vet. Make sure he's in good shape and ask the vet about omega oils. They sometimes help.



2. Good food (the very best you can afford). Do a search for Dog food here and you'll see tons of questions. Diet is a big big help.



3. Brush regularly. It's a pain but it helps.



4. Groomers every other month. You don't want to bathe too often but take the dog and let them help.



5. Live with it unfortunately.



That's what we do.... I have 5 and 4 are labs. We vaccum a what looks like a dog a day up from the floor....



My dog sheds so bad, what can I do?

Groom him every day for about a week and after that once or twice a week. It will not stop him shedding but i will certainly help.



My dog sheds so bad, what can I do?

If he is not on a premium food, get him on one.



Invest in a Furminator, you can get them on-line or in most pet shops. Take him to a professional groomer every other month for a bath. It will accelerate the shedding and the process gets out almost every loose hair.



My dog sheds so bad, what can I do?

Ahh the joys of owning a dog...



All dogs shed. Short hair just takes up less space per strand.



Brush your dog frequently and vacuum often- time consuming but effective.



My dog sheds so bad, what can I do?

shedding is 40% breed/genetics... 40 % food, and 20 % grooming



so you can really do a lot by grooming your dog regularly and feeding it a good food



http://www.gomestic.com/Pets/What-is-in-...



My dog sheds so bad, what can I do?

take your dog to park and BRUSH her/him.at least once a week, if needed,twice a week.I had a friend with a dalmatian,and the whole house was full of short spiky dog hairs(white and black hairs)the brush you need to buy, is called a curry brush.when the shedding season is really bad,give your dog a bath/shower!it works.if dog isn't itchy and scratchy, dog has no skin problems.no bald spots,either?



My dog sheds so bad, what can I do?

My pugs are the same way. I found that if you brush them daily that helps. It also helps to bond with them and make them more comfortable around other people and easier to cut their toenails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans