Friday, November 27, 2009

Anybody own a weimaraner? Or a mix of weimarwaner and labrador with hair that makes your skin itch?

Such as redness like hives but it stings aswell as itches? Im not allergic to dogs, and my puppys hair seems to bother other peoples skin too. So does anybody have the same problem with theirown breed/mix breed dog? If so PLEASE email me with an antidote.LOL



Mainly something I can put on the dog, such as a grease,condtioner or if there is a certain food I can feed him.



Thank You,



Sumday_isaday88



Anybody own a weimaraner? Or a mix of weimarwaner and labrador with hair that makes your skin itch?

I have a weim that I got from a shelter, and her fur does the same thing to me, my son and my daughter. It is very short and very coarse. My other dogs,mastiffs, do not give anyone else a reaction. I've tried a few things, but a coarse coat is just the way they are. Try a tablespoon of Virgin Olive Oil once a week, in her food. It might help a little. Also, a bath with an oatmeal based shampoo is very good for any dog. Good Luck!



Anybody own a weimaraner? Or a mix of weimarwaner and labrador with hair that makes your skin itch?

I am the same way with Shar Pei. I am not allergic to dogs in general, but I am allergic to the oils of their coat. I have heard that bathing the dog once a week will help, but I have never tried it. Also, you may need to take an anti-histamine like Benedryl orally or topically. You can try putting it on a super premium food (like Natural Balance) and see if it helps. I have heard of people having the same problem with labs, but not with weims.



I do not have much trouble as long as I have taken (or applied) the Benedryl, but I have never had to be around the breeds that bother me long term.



Anybody own a weimaraner? Or a mix of weimarwaner and labrador with hair that makes your skin itch?

You may not be allergic to dog hair as much as dog dander. My brother in law has the same problem. You need to be diligent in washing up after play. Not touching your face, neck, arms, when playing or petting. Try some Benadryl for the itch and hives. Hope I helped, Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans