Friday, November 27, 2009

I have a blue heeler who is losing hair around his right eye?

i've taken him to the vet and they said he had conjunctivitis though he has no discharge from his eye. other than the normal eye booger. it does not seem to bother him he doesn't paw or try to rub it. the vet gave him a couple shots and a topical cream i used the cream for 7 days though noticed no change in his eye. except more hair loss .so does anyone have a clue to why a dog would lose his hair around only one eye and no where else.



I have a blue heeler who is losing hair around his right eye?

Take him back to the vet. Sounds like the treatment didn't take. Being that its strictly in that eye, I think he was properly diagnosed. Sometimes meds just don't work right, and other ones are needed.



I have a blue heeler who is losing hair around his right eye?

I would suggest having the vet check the dogs teeth. It sounds strange, but I had a dog who had hair loss around the eye and it turned out that she had an infected tooth. The infection travelled up to the eye and all they had to do was remove the tooth and give antibiotcs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans