Sunday, November 22, 2009

How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

my dog has long hair but i dont know how to trim it, what do i do?



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

If you got it from a reputable breeder, give them a call. I'm sure they'd be happy to help, as well as glad to hear form you. If not, you can get her groomed professionally, or get a book on goldens that gives you instructions. I will star this for a golden person to see. Also fouind this site: http://www.the-golden-retriever.com/dogg...



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

scissors :P...haha sorry i had to say it, but i don't know...is there a special way?



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

Take it to a professional groomer. You will have piece of mind knowing that its going to be done right, and your dog will come out looking great!!



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

I DON'T KNOW!



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

a golden should not have their hair clipped. instead, brush them to help remove the dead under coat. If you dont like the long hair, you should have gone for a lab.



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

I am not trying to be sarcastic here but I would take him to the vet. We tried clipping the hair on our dog and it just didn't work well. The vet does it and does a much better job. We get him back bathed, trimmed and groomed.



Good luck



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

Hi Christina,



What are you looking to trim? Feet? Mane? All of the dog???



I usually trim up their feet my self but leave the rest to a groomer. If it is hot where you are right now than take the dog to a groomer and ask them to do a summer belly cut on your Golden. It really helps them stay cool. No need to shave the dog at all, in fact it is not recomended you do that.



I will attach a article as to why you should not shave a Golden for you to read ok.



My e-mail is open if you have any further questions ok.



here the article about not shaving your Golden, Please take the time to read it through!



http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:Rmz22...



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

We usually send ours to the groomer because they can give the dogs a standard cut for a golden. But sometimes I do my own before a show. I trim (carefully) around the pads of their feet (just the excess hair) and then the feathers leaving no less than 2 inches along the legs. For the tail I just keep it neat, not too full or bushy. Sometimes it looks like they long hairs but they need ample amounts of grooming. The groomers do the best job when it comes to the hair on their back and belly. Washing them also gets rid of the dandruff or loose hairs. Please never resort to shaving- it may seem like they will be a lot cooler but it can create skin problems and the hair will not grow back properly. When simply brushing them make sure you have several different heavy-duty brushes to get into the undercoat.



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

I found a very good website - Potomac Golden Retriever Club, linked to Morningsage Goldens. There is a very descriptive artiicle with illustrations on how to trim your Golden. It is well worth taking a look.



I show my Goldens and they have to look tip top for the Show Ring I trim them myself and I found this website very helpful.



How do i trim a golden retrievers hair?

trim the hair on the bottom of his paws flush with the pads. comb or brush the hair on the top of his feet to get to the hair between the toes, and then scissor it. comb the hair on his hocks(straight bone on the backs of his hind legs) up, then scissor it almost flush with the leg. Use thinning shears, and thin the excess hair above and around his ears, but be very careful not to cut him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans