Sunday, November 22, 2009

Should I get the dog or look for another one?

My parents are finally allowing me to get a new dog, and I've had my mind set on a Pomeranian.I looked through the newspaper and found a 9 week old, female, black Pomeranian who sounded like just what I wanted.My dad called and then went to take pictures of her and check her out.According to her owner she had health problems when she was born because she was the runt of the litter but she was just fine now.I didn't care about her size. But my dad said that when he went to go look at her the dog had runny eyes and the woman was having to trim hair from around the dogs eyes to get off the "crusties".He said something about her just didn't look right but it was hard to tell because she completely blends in with herself and maybe it was because she's so small.I haven't seen the dog yet and I definitely want to but I don't want her to be sick.The dog costs $750 and I can't let my parents spend their money on a sick dog.Her owner says she's very healthy now. So what do I do?



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

Well you're going to be spending money on this dog regardless. You're going to need vaccines, food, spaying (because there's enough overpopulation as is - besides you should adopt from a shelter), grooming, general pet care (ie heartworm prevention, flea control). Poms need alot of grooming, and tend to have runny eyes anyway. A responsible breeder will have a buyers contract %26amp; should have something in it about having the dog being checked by a veterinarian within x number of days.



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

Sorry honey but if the dog was very healthy she will not have any crusties around her eyes.. A healthy pup will have bright clean clear eyes, no crusties at all. Nothing running out of the nose either. I know your anxious but this pup is sick and the owner is lieing to you and your dad.



Keep looking the right pup is out there for you.



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

Keep looking for a healthy dog. I would not trust the owner - she wants unload a sick dog and get her money. If your Dad had a bad feeling, you should trust his instincts. Reputable breeders will also offer a health guarantee.



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

Do not get this dog! The owner just wants to sell it. $750.00 is too much to pay for an unhealthy dog- and that is what this one is. Look elsewhere.



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

I suggest going to meet her. If it's love at first sight, then by all means get her. Just make sure you have an understanding with the breeder that if you are spending the money for a healty pup, she should be just that. If she has to be put on antibiotics or something like that, then you should be reimbursed for the visit and meds by the breeder. If she is not willing to do that, then she is not a reputable breeder and I would steer clear of her. If she agrees, then if antibiotics is all it takes - then why not?!?!? Good luck:)



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

dont get the dog the dog is sick and you dont want to pay medical bills do you ? THe owners just want the dog out of their hands .Go to puppies .com it a site the people sell their puppies for their price.Good ;cuk



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

You might want to ask the woman selling the dog if you can meet her at the vet sometime. That way you know the dog is being checked out and you can have some reassurance from the vet that the dog is ok or not.



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

If you're spending $750 on something, you want to make sure its a quality product whether its a dog or a pair of Jimmy Choo's. I would look for another dog. That's waaaaay too much money to spend if its going to die the next day.



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

You can always ask to see medical records and breeding papers. If you are buying from a breeder that is. Either way, my suggestion would be to get it written down on paper that if after you bring him/her home, and to a vet and the vet says there are problems, you have the right to return the dog or to get a partial refund.



But really consider it. I mean no one wants a sick dog, but even sick dogs need good and caring homes. My dog has a bad hip, and had we not brought him home, I'm sure he would have been put to sleep. And with care and love, he's still with us 4 years later.



Good luck in your decision.



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

:oh my gosh, I have a pomerainian. My dog teddy is four years old. He was the runt of the litter. Last one out, and he is the only one who survived the delivery. Teddy is a perfectly healthy dog now and has been since he was about 4 weeks. Pomerainian are great. You can cuddle with them, and they also love ot play. They have such fun entergetic personalitys, you can not go worng getting a pomerainian. I went through the same thing when I was thinking about getting teddy. Teddy os very small but acts like he is 150 pounds. I would definetely go for it. Can you tell me weither you get the dog or not e-mail me at prepwhocheers@yahoo.com, and if you have any more questions you can visit my question site. the site is www.freewebs.com/questionsandanswers101



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

You need to go with your dads gut feeling on this. Some people say what they have to, to get rid of there pet liters. Runny eyes is a sign of a irresponsible pet owner. It means that the runt was probly NOT really dealt with by the pet owners. Puppy Farms are notorious for this. That is why they say always go and look at your pet, look for the most important signs of a sick animal. Runny eyes, bloating, skin problems, these are all signs of someone not taking care of there pets that they so claim to love. What they love is $750.00 dollars and you to walk out with the problems. If you really want the dog have your father take it to a VET. Let them do an exam and check for all problems because what you don't see on the outside could very well be a problem on the inside. Worms, the mange, eye infections, ear infections. If the people don't agree to this and won't get the dog a full check up then that is a HUGE RED FLAG and you should not pursue the sale. I am sorry. My best friend just got his dog from a puppy farm only to find it had two kinds of worms and ghirara. He paid as much as you did and on top of that a huge vet. bill because the animal was not being treated by a real vet. but by the owner. Good Luck! God will open another door for you if this isn't the one. He will.... Promise.. P.S. I have 5 shelter dogs, I saved them all from death. I love animals. Maybe you could look at the local shelters for Pomerians or check out your state for Pomerian Shelters. It may be cheaper and safer. And you would be saving a life.



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

I would advise you not to get the dog I know it sounds exactly like what you want, but to begin with judging by what you wrote, the owner does not seem very reputable, if you want the puppy still even though it does seem to have some apparent health issues ask the owner to show proof of the puppy being seen by a vet determining that the puppy is healthy. Here are some signs of a healthy puppy:



1. Eyes should be clear and shiny, no cloudiness or discharge.



2.Ears should smell and look clean, not red or inflamed; odor and discharge often signals infection.



3.skin/coat should be shiny no flakes or excessive shedding or clumps falling out. also look for any sores, fleas, and ticks.



4.nose should be moist, no mucus or discharge, sneezing or sniffling constantly is also out.



5.rear of the puppy should appear clean, no feces or debris.



6.tummy can be round, but no potbelly this can be a sign of parasites also you should be able to feel the ribs but not see them poking out.



7.kennels should be clean. check where the puppy was being kept is it kept clean of feces and no vomit or diarrhea. Also make sure fresh water is provided to puppy at all times.



8.behaviour should be active, or playful, it should be interested in the arrival of new faces and should not limp or show any signs of struggle during normal activities such as walking, running, or playing.



I would definitely get a clean bill of health first before spending that much money on a puppy that may be sick. Reputable breeders will offer this information instead of trying to convince you to take their word the puppy is healthy also make sure the puppy has had its first shots because a large amount of puppys die of parvo. Good luck on finding your new puppy and by the way I love poms too!



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

Ask the breeder to take the pup to the vet and get a health certificate. If she dose and the cert is clean dont worry about it if she wont take the pup to the vet for this keep looking. I breed dogs and I would never let a dog with runny eyes off my propery untill I found out was going on. It is not normal to have a pup with runny eyes. She may have an upper resprtory problem or she may have conguntivutus. Has the breeder got the pup iat least its first set of vaccinations. If not this person is looking to make a buck and dose not care for the dog at all and you should not hae your parents spend there hard earnd money on theis dog.. I hope it all works out for you...



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

ask to see the vet records if you really want her.



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

750$ for a runt is way too much and having to cut the "crusties" out of the eyes is a sine of poor health keep looking and good luck



Should I get the dog or look for another one?

That puppy is sick! Responsible breeders DON'T advertise in the paper. The best way to find a breeder is through the Breed's Parent Club. They will help you.



http://www.americanpomeranianclub.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans