Sunday, November 22, 2009

My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

I have been having a dog last 2 years, its a cute spaniel and very lovable one. I got married a year back, and my wife who was ok abt my dog before marriage, started complaing on the hair shedding of the dog, and started hating the dog and fussing living in my house with the dog. Now we have a new born, and she is firm that the dog be given away. She is also reasoning now that the child will be sensitive to the hair and cause health problems. I love the dog a lot, and will pain a lot if I have to give it away. I have tried to plead with my wife, but she is adamant that I give away the dog.. she says if I really love her, I should be willing to give him away... If i make the dog stay, I think my wife will move out. will it mean that I dont love my wife and dog is more imp to me??....im so confused what to do.. i dont want to lose my wife.. at the same time... i dont know if i can bear the loss of my dog :((



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

My dog lives in the back yard! Has a nice run and a great dog house!



DOGS DON'T HAVE TO LIVE IN YOUR HOUSE! THEY ARE ANIMALS AND ARE FINE OUTSIDE



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

shoot the wife. keep the dog. you will be far, far happier in the long run.



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

Dont give your dog away! Your wife is a prude! Every kid should have a dog!



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

If she really loved you, she wouldn't force you to give away the dog. You had the dog when you got married, she knew the dog was part of the package. Tell her you are just as adamant that you keep your dog. If she leaves you over a dog, maybe you're better off.



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

Sounds like your wife is a bit of a b! tch. I know the pain in giving up a dog; however, can you find someone you know to care for the dog? Ask your vet for options. If you choose to give the dog up; find a reputable adoption agency - one who screens prospective families. Good Luck.



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

dog more loyalty,, maybe u should spend time cleaning after him ( if i really love her ) that conditional man



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

If the dog is a good dog...and you wife knew you had it before marriage...then tell the wife the dog is not going anyplace! She is trying to run your life! It is not reasonable for her to tell you to get rid of your dog now! She is being very selfish. The child will fall in love with that dog in a few months...and they will be best buddies. I mean as long as the dog is good with the baby..child then there is no reason for that dog to go!!!



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

i agree with the first person...no no no no no no...women are plenty...unconditional love of a dog ...dont get rid of him ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

Give you wife away instead. The dog came first, and she was fine with it before you got married, now she's just trying to change you to how she wants you to be.



Don't give in, let her move out if she so chooses. It doesn't mean that you love her less, just that you need to stand your ground. If you give in on stuff that's important to you, she'll push you around for years to come.



All you can do is try to keep the house hairless and pet/baby friendly. The kid will grow up and love that dog.



Good Luck, hope it all works out for you.



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

No way anyone that asked me to get rid of my dog would be long gone,spouse or not. Children benefit from a pet in the house and as u say it is a spaniel ti won't cast a lot of hair!



Sounds a bit like an excuse to be in control.



or maybe a case of overacting first time mother



I would tell her to ask the doctor or health visitor. If everyone gave up their dogs because their was a baby the pounds would be even fuller than they are now.



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

Kids who grow up in households with pets are less likely to suffer allergies later in life, to pets, for one.



For two, he was there first. She knew that, and she never had a problem.



Honestly if I were you, I'd make an extra effort to keep up after the dog for a while, and see if she gets better. Vaccum the floors often (like daily!) keep him off the furniture etc.



It's possible she's feeling overwhelmed with the upkeep of the dog hair, and the demands of a new born, nevermind the hormonal changes that happen after having a baby.



Make a deal with her, you'll try your best to make it seem as though the dog is hardly there, if she's willing to give it a few more months. Once she sees how much the dog makes the baby smile, she may change her mind!!



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

It's very natural for a new mother to protect her newborn. Somehow, her reasons for asking you to give the dog away is the best excuse she can think of to get rid of the dog. Try explaining to her that if she can't show compassion to the dog, how is she going to teach her child about compassion in the first place?



I like dogs but I don't like to take care of them and never in mind to own one, but my child loves dogs. I got my child a dog and saw the amount of love showered on this animal by my child. I learnt to accomodate and start loving this dog because this little cutey pie brought so much joy to my child. As a parent, when you see joy in your child, it's purely Heaven!



Talk to your wife about it. Maybe you should confine an area for your dog solely. If your wife moves out over this issue, probably she's sufferring from post natal blues. Lol!! God bless. )



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

Thats the beauty about having a dog versus a partner. Dogs are loyal, easy to please (with treats) and they dont whine at you especially if you are the owner who feed them! :)



I have a dog and no way I would give him away just because someone is not trying to understand well enough the bond I share with my Milo since he was 6 weeks old. There is more to it (in your case) than your baby is having allergies. You should marry a dog lover, mate.



Anyway, every problems have solutions. I am not being judgmental but I think you wife has 'trust' or sharing issues! Talk to her, persuade her and if she insists..ignore. If safety, hygiene or health is the reason, make sure you take extra miles to make sure your dog wont cause any harm in your household even you have to spend your extra time, money and energy. Talk to your vets or share stories with dog lovers in your area. Secretly, 'encourage' your baby to love your dog.



If she persists (even after you try), then you will know that it is not about your Spaniel that she is not comfortable with!



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

Your wife knew you had a dog before you married her. She was okay with it then, and she needs to learn to live with it now. it is very cruel to try and make a person give up a pet they love. Don't give in to her blackmailing. You not being willing to give up the dog has nothing to do with not loving her. Pets are dependent on their owners, and dogs in particular develop strong emotional bonds with their owners.



Perhaps you could come to some sort of compromise by not letting the dog go upstairs or something? Or keeping it out of whatever room the baby is in? I definitely don't think you should give away the dog, you will be unhappy without him, and he will be unhappy without you.



My wife hates my dog!!? Forcing me to give him away....?

Sit her down, and tell her she can not change her expectations now you are married. She was fine with the dog when you were dating, why did she pretend she was ok and now wants you to up and get rid of the dog. Tell her it is an unfair expectation and it makes you feel Angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans