Sunday, November 22, 2009

How often should I give my dog a bath?

She is an australian cattle dog so short hair but thick undercoat. Summer is coming here in Australia and in the winter I used to bath her once a month but I was wondering if I could do it more often now. I use a special australian tea tree oil soap free shampoo which naturally soothes the skin. Is that OK? She live mainly indoors but is outdoors some hours of the day too.



How often should I give my dog a bath?

I have been trained as a Veterinary Nurse and I too am in Australia. May I also add, love Australian Cattle Dogs! She only needs to be washed once every six weeks with a suitable dog shampoo. The one you are currently using sounds fine. There is an Oatmeal based shampoo also available from most veterinary clinics and pet stores that is great for all dogs skin types. I would also suggest that you buy both a fine toothed comb and a 'Zoom Groom' (special rubber brush) and brush her at least once a week to remove some of the undercoat that will start shedding shortly.



How often should I give my dog a bath?

You don't need to even bathe her once a month. I would say no more than every other month.



How often should I give my dog a bath?

you should really bathe your dog 3 to 4 times a year, unless he/she got really messy for some reason. bathing a dog too often offsets the ph balance in their skin, causing it to flake, and itch. very uncomfortable for your dog.



How often should I give my dog a bath?

When she gets hopelessly dirty. Otherwise, wipe her with a wet cloth, brush her daily, and consider having her feathering (especially belly, legs, and rear) shaved short if she gets really muddy frequently.



How often should I give my dog a bath?

Once a month is fine..any more often and you risk irritating the skin..dandruf..yeah you dont want your dog to get it...pretty gross. Plus the irritation could cause your dog to scratch alot..very annoying. Once a month should be plenty and you can brush as much as you want it helps keep the coat clean.



How often should I give my dog a bath?

once a month is fine. i bathe my dogs maybe 1 every 2 moths but that is because thay are usually clean and they play alot so they get dirty the next day.



How often should I give my dog a bath?

dogs should get a bath ever three months little dogs should have a bath every three weeks



How often should I give my dog a bath?

Maybe Every day to get rid of all the dirt or nasties that get caught in the dogs' fur.



How often should I give my dog a bath?

I have an indoor dog and I bath it once a week. I can't stand my house to smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans