Sunday, November 22, 2009

My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

We went on vacation from 7/7/07 to 7/14/07, he stayed at the the kennel 7/6/07 to 7/15/07.



When we picked him up all his hair was tangled (my dog , Max, is a golden retriever, so he has a lot of hair) and under his chin we found he had this huge wound looking thing and on his lower belly had this skin infection. The kennel just said it was a hot spot. The kennel was $200 and now I have to pay the vet around $300 for the treatment.



Is this fair that I have to pay? Or is it the kennels fault?



My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

Pull out the paperwork you signed when you checked your pup into the kennel. They probably have a clause about any injuries/infections/conditions/etc. that occur while in their care.



My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

I would have to say the kennel. I'm wondering if he is allergic to something.



My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

i think it they should have to pay for it bc the hotspot would not have showed up if they where caring for max the right way



My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

Is it the kennels fault?? Might be, might not be.. Go to your vet, get the dog checked from head to toe, and ask you vet if he is willing to write you a note saying that the dog was in good condition prior to boarding, and that he feels that the damage is due to the boarding kennel's neglect.. IF you can get him to write you a note like that, then talk to the kennel.. Did you sign any sort of waiver or anything when you boarded your dog??



My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

A hot spot would not be the kennel's fault since Goldens and Labs are prone to them. And stress could also have contributed, though the kennel is also not liable for that.



Discuss this with your vet and get their opinion. Then discuss it with the kennel. If you are still not happy, then simply never use them again.



Next time, perhaps try to get a friend to come to your house to babysit your dog? Or perhaps a neighbor. I have done this and it worked great :)



I hope this helps you and hugs to your wonderful Golden. I love them !!!



My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

The kennels are liable for damages. your dog went in, in perfect condition %26amp; came out like this they have not looked after your dog you have no idea how it has been treated when it was in there. speak to a solicitor they will be able to help you out more, %26amp; you should always take a picture of your dog before it goes in kennels so you have proof of what condition it went in the kennels. They have obviously been miss treat your dog.



My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

First of all you need to find out from the vet what it is and if it could have been contracted through the kennel. Look at the boarding agreement, most will say that they are not responsible for illness or death of an animal and that if need be they have permission to take the animals to a vet. If it is found to be contracted through the kennel, they could be found neglectful and charged with animal abuse. You can then have them pay for vet bills. I'd also take pictures of your retrievers condition as proof if need be. I'd also send them the bills for grooming since he came back matted and dirty.



My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

You have two thing you have to do. 1 look at the paper you signed when you boarded the dog. 11/2 Prove your dog did not have these "injuries" when he entered the kennel. 2. Have a vet or someone else determine the kennel is at fault. 21/2 Hire an attorney if you get all the rest.



OK My counting is a little off today.



My dog has a skin infection and he recently stayed at a kennel, are they liable?

Hello,



Sorry to hear about your dog's skin problems. I have 3 goldens and breed them. A hot spot is a very common condition during the warmer months. A hot spot does not require anything from the kennel owners to begin. They have been on 2 of my three dogs without any change in their housing or care. The hot spot clears the very best by initially shaving around the area very carefully. The infection if trapped from long hair, only becomes worse. I have used many products from my vet. One common treatment is using gold bond powder on it. It is medicated and drying. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans