Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dog allergies, and getting hives?

my roomate brought home a stray dog with very coarse think hair. i became really itchy right away, but a few days later i started to break out in hives, always on my forearm. it happened a few times a day, even after taking benadryl. the dog is gone, but i still have been getting hives.my dog has been shedding a lot also. what could be the possible cause of this?



Dog allergies, and getting hives?

You were allergic to either the stray dog's dander, hair, or the grasses or environment he came from.



My daughter raised Persian cats in our home. If they got out side to play, I had the same symptoms as you described. She would give them a bath and all was well, unless I sat in their favorite chair. So it would have to be vacuumed repeatedly and all was well again.



Thanks to my problem, the cats had to stay indoors most of the time, except in Winter, when they didn't bother me so much.



Dog allergies, and getting hives?

the hair from the dog, flakes of skin from the dog, skin mites from the dog, or if you are really unlucky, the dog left fleas as well and they are attacking your arms at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans