Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ok to trim golden's hair for the summer?

my dog is so hot !! his hair over heats him i've seen trimed goldens before. should i do this ? will it damage his hair??



Ok to trim golden's hair for the summer?

I've heard that shaving Golden's makes their hair grow back funny, we just clip ours for the summer. But with this breed you need to brush them up to twice a day. Keeping him cool is essential so plenty of shade and even water to swim in helps.



Ok to trim golden's hair for the summer?

my lab mix has really thick, long fur and he has black fur too. so i shaved him myself. it didnt look as good as a groomer but he stayed cooler. i suggest taking your dog to the groomer to get his hair cut. not a good experience because if you try to do it they move around too much and it gets shorter in some spots. =(. well good luck.



Ok to trim golden's hair for the summer?

If you get your Golden a summer cut than it's fine. Please do not shave your Golden down to it's skin. It will do more harm than good and your Goldens skin will sunburn and dry out. Insects will be able to get to your dog and will cause areal problem.



A trim is just fine. You can shave his belly it usually does the trick to really cool them down. OK



Ok to trim golden's hair for the summer?

Any long hair dog will be grateful for a summer hair cut just as long as you can look at him or her and not laugh.



Ok to trim golden's hair for the summer?

I have a golden mix and keep his body ALMOST shaved in the summer. We live in Texas and it gets HOT but a complete shave would be itchy. He looks so cute too. I leave his tail and face long. He loves it. When I pull out the clippers for hair cut time, he gets excited and runs over and sits nicely in front of me. Then when I finish he runs through the yard and looks so happy. I think it is fine to cut his hair and he will appreciate.



Ok to trim golden's hair for the summer?

Of course!!! It sometimes grows back more coarse than before, but by all means, shave away! We do it quite often for clients at the vet I work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans