Sunday, June 20, 2010

What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its e

I've been living with this girl for over a month - she never locks the doors, never takes out the trash (she'll put out her own trash bag instead of taking out the communal trash). She never cleans her hair and she sheds like a dog (I have very short hair and only do my hair in my room). She continually leaves dirty plates on the countertop (even though we have a small roach problem) and has left a dirty pot with oil in it in the oven for over a week. She also says she only likes to clean with wet paper towels and doesn't believe that disinfectants/cleaners like Lysol do any good because they leave 1% of germs there. So far, I've been doing the cleaning and taking out the trash without saying anything, but I don't know how much I can take. We signed a lease for a year (I didn't know her be4 she was a friend of a very good friend, so I guess I could be blamed) so I'm stuck here. She's not an outright slob and I don't want to be a *****, but she's very inconsiderate. What do i do?



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

Tell her what she needs to do and maybe you should assign duties for each of you, you could tkae care of the kitchen and she can do the living room. And tell her to clean up her hair that fricken disgusting! If I were you I would leave but you cant because of the lease what a slob eww



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

Grin %26amp; bear it. You're stuck with her for 12 months.



Yep, I guess you could be blamed for the predicament you're in - it's all part of growing up, I'm afraid.



Others will come in here %26amp; tell you to say this - %26amp; say that etc.....but it wont make any difference to the likes of your room mate. I think you're stuck with it!



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

time to have a meeting and make a chore chart of sorts. if everyone doesn't pitch in, it won't work. if she refuses, either kick her out or leave.



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

i feel bad for you



i think you should taalk nicely and decide to make up a list of rules and chores together...so like collaborative not like telling her what to do..but really you put down all the rules that are necessary as will she..if this doesnt work.i guess you will just have to suck it up and suffer unfortuantely b.c u will probably suffer more if you do a serious confrontation and then have her hate you for a year... but she does sound horribly messy! 1% of germs is better than 99 duh!



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

It sucks, but you're at the mercy of the lease. If she didn't sign the lease you could boot her out, but good luck. Either you put up with it, or move out and break your lease, not a good scenario in either case.



You have to sit her down and both of you make some compromises. If she's not into compromise, or you aren't then it's going to be a long year.



Since it's only been a month, she hasn't started in doing some other things you get to look forward to:



1. Forgetting to have money for rent.



2. Eating your groceries



3. Having booty calls over, and they steal your stuff, or break it



4. Keeping a running tab on anything you borrow, and then taking it "off the rent", without you both agreeing on it.



5. Letting her other friends stay there on the couch "for a few days", which ends up being a few months.



Chalk it up as a lesson learned and look for a 1 bedroom, or efficiency apt. roommates are the only thing WORSE than a bad marriage.



Sorry you have to deal with this, but we all have gone through it. It's just your turn.



Float



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

i dont know her but its human nature to be defensive when told.



so i suggest u write a note. be sensitive and firm.



then she'd have the time to digest and think of how to respond properly. (if she's normal) :)



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

I had the same problem in college. Mine was a total slob, did drugs, brought strange boys over. Her college was paid for and I had to work and go to school. But like the first person said, I had to put up with it for a year. However, tell her you need to talk, sit her down and have a non-emotional conversation. Write down everything that is bothering you and tell her that you would appreciate her cleaning up after herself. It could be that her mom/dad picked up after her all her life and it's not even a thought for her to do it. If you continue to do it and don't say anything then the situation won't change.



When I had the talk with my roommate she didn't talk to me for a week and the situation didn't change. That's the worst case scenario but maybe this girl cares and has some sense and will appreciate your thoughts and feelings. It can't hurt to try.



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

find someone to sublet the apartment to.



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

Tell her how you feel and lay down some rules. You can't just do all the work by yourself if she made the mess. Ask her to take out "our" trash, clean up her messes, and be more neat.



Good Luck!



What do I say to a roommate who never locks the doors, takes out the trash, or clean her hair (its everywhere)

Do what ever it atkes and move out, it's that simple. You are the master of your life not anyone else or anyone else's policies. If you do not like the situation leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans