Thursday, June 17, 2010

HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

i have a beautiful 6month old labrador, i live on my own and he sleeps in my bed with me.....yes that does cause some problems with dog hair and the like but to honest i dont mind.....i have a boyfriend who stays about 3 nights a week, he has banned the dog from the bedroom, he says its filth...anyway, last night the dog was put in the kitchen for the night, i have a dog flap so he can go in the garden whenever he wants, but obviously he is on his own. he cryed and cryed and cryed and cryed and barked and cryed and barked all night long....he was still up at 5o'c crying, when i got up the kitchen was pretty wrecked, he had everything he could reach off the side. i feel heartbroken about him being on his own...will he get used to it? do you think its ok to have a dog in the bedroom? what about a compromise, dog in the room but not on the bed? any advice much appreciated.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

Your dog. Your bed. Your house. Your choice.



If the dog can't be supervised it sounds like he needs to be crated to prevent him from doing damage to your belongings and himself. Don't ever let anyone bully you into doing something with your dog that you don't want to. I would suggest finding a new man!



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

Close the bedroom door.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

i think u should your foot down and tell your bf that this is my dog this is how whant it hope i helped u!



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

its fine 2 ha a dog in the bedroom



ur bf shud jus learn 2 deal with it



its ur choice



x



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

most dogs are able to learn when they can and cannot get on the bed... mine all jump in bed when i am watching tv,, but when my boyfriend comes to bed they automatically jump off. if he is out of town,, they stay all night... there is no reason to lock him out of the room when your boyfriend is there.. let him sleep on the floor ,,, and (have your boyfriend tell him he cannot be on the bed) you do not want to give him mixed signals.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

i dont like my dogs in the bedroom so i have a child stair gate across my door and they have their beds on the landing



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

keep it in there till it is used 2 it.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

having him in some nights but not others is not fair on the dog. he doesnt understand why. it is possible to train your dog either way - to stay in the kitchen or stay in the bedroom on the floor but it will take a little patience because of the path you have taken already-but yiu must be consistent.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

It's a bad habit to start. My Old English Sheepdog wasn't allowed in the bedroom, except when it was very hot in Summer, when she was allowed to sleep on the balcony off the bedroom with the door open. She understood this, and mostly slept in the bedroom with her nose out of the door.



However, if I left her alone in the house and forgot to close the bedroom door, I would come home to a bed full of sand, which she had gathered in her long hair during walks by the river.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

The best thing to do in this situation is to buy a baby gate and put it in your bedroom doorway. This way your dog can still see you and feel close. Also get some sort of bed of his own and put a piece of your clothing with him so he has your smell with him. Always praise him in the morning when you get out of bed and maybe give him a treat. I saw this on that show "It's me or the dog". You can also get some Naturopathic calming drops for him from a registered practictioner to help calm him initially.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

Although I don't keep my dog in the bedroom, you should keep your dog in the bedroom and make your boyfriend sleep in the kitchen, it's your house not his.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

i used to let my dog sleep with me but she got jealous when i married. she used to wriggle in between us like a kid. so i bought a nice dog bed for the floor, near the bed, and trained her ( she was much older than your lab) by pointing to it and saying 'this is maggie's bed. wheres your bed, maggie? and 'go to bed, maggie.' she learned after a while, still had the comfort of me in the room but i actually got to snuggle up with hubby as well!!



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

i think you should get a dog bed or cage and put it in your bed room for wen your bf sleeps bt wen your bf does not sleep let he dog sleep in your bed just change the covers wene your bf comes



luv ya ope this helps xx



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

My dog sleeps on the floor on her bed in my bed room and if any man told me to toss her from my room due to she filthy i show him the door say it a package deal and sorry she was there first :) next thing you know they tell you to get rid of your dog course he don't like the filthy beast is that what you want from your relationship some guy telling you what to do ?



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

Your part-time boyfriend has "banned" your dog from your bed???



How dare he "ban" anything you do?



I can only suggest you have a long think about sharing your life with a control freak.



I deeply mistrust those who call animals "filthy" - it can signal a cruel streak, watch him carefully.



Of course we need to observe basic cleanliness, and I'm sure your %26lt;real%26gt; friend is kept groomed and wormed.



When I moved in with my husband, I had a Manchester x terrier and he had a huge wolfhound lurcher. Hubby is 6ft, I'm a hefty 5ft7. Guess what - we all shared the bed in perfect amity!



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

I'm offended! lol...how could he say having a dog in the room is filthy! My dog sleeps on my bed w/ my boyfriend and I. My bf and I don't even like it when he jumps off the bed to sleep on the floor on his doggy bed! I wouldn't have it any other way! My dog is like my son, he's my first priority! Try to reach a compromise...it's best!



P.S. If you think about it, humans are much more filthy than dogs. Good luck!



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

get him his own bed and put it in your bedroom and make hime all snuggly at nice.. he will probably try to get on your bed for a while but if your persistant he will learn that its his bed and start to sleep there all the time. i dont think there is anything wrong with having your dog in the bed..most dog owners do but to keep your boyfriend happy best idea to get your dog his own bed. Good luck!



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

Well, if your dog has been sleeping in your bed since you got it, then it's going to wonder what's wrong and cries.



I have an 11 week old labrador. He sleeps with me also every night, because he swears he owns my blanket or something. It's the only thing he'll sleep on. He's also attached to me, so everywhere I go, he'll go and lay down at my feet or right beside me. He's so attached that if I even go out of the room, he throws a fit.



I don't mind him sleeping in my bed. It's just sometimes you wake up to him walking all over you! =]



I say if your boyfriend doesn't like it, he can leave. My puppy means everything to me.



Good luck.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

(Cant Spell please ignore the spelling)



Tell Your Boyfriend this is my house and dog i think i can decide what and where my dog goes.



And if u don't like that then we can make a agreement like... The dog can come in the bedroom but on the bed or something like.



Don't let your boyfriend controll you, my dog sleeps in my bed and my mum said don't let her in the bed but say no, its my bedroom i can do what i like. Lol Good Luck!!



Luv Chlb



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

take it small steps at a time!



how would you like to be sleeping with the one person you love most your whole life, then all of a sudden be on your own?



well, im sure the dog was pretty upset! but because its only 6 months old, he can and will get used to it.



but i say to take baby steps,



have him stay in the kitchen for an hour and then let him come back with you, and add an hour on every night, until he is able to sleep on his own in the kitchen, or kennel, or wherever you want him to be sleeping!



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

hi i would make the boyfriend sleep in the kitchen and keep the dog in the bedroom, poor dog hes getting mixed messages, sometimes he can sleep in the bed and sometimes he cant he could feel he has done something wrong and that hes being punished



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

I THINK IT IS OK TO HAVE DOG IN BEDROOM CAUSE I do have 3 dogs in the bedroom.when your boyfriend isn`t sleeping round let your dog up.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

I used to live with my ex when I got my last dog. He was not allergic to her, really, but he was EXTREMELY allergic if her fur was around him too much, so she couldn't be in the bedroom. However, whenever he went out of town, I would be lonely and she would sleep in my bed for a few nights in a row. When he came back she would whine and howl, wanting back in.



I think it is okay to have the dog in the bedroom, but since she has been taught the bed is hers as well as yours, you need to retrain her not to come up on the bed.



When I had to retrain my dog to sleep in her bed, I would take a t-shirt or towel and sleep with it, and place it in her bed so she had my scent. The second part was to just ignore it.



If she is causing a lot of damage, consider crate training. That will limit where she is and give her, her own "den" where she eventually will feel more comfortable.



Overall, you are going to be stuck with a whining dog until she is retrained. If you need help or assistance, I recommend contacting a trainer to come to your house and give you tips :)



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

I'd lock your boyfriend in the kitchen and see how he likes it! Actually, your dog possibly would get used to sleeping in the kitchen, but one of the best parts of having a pet is letting them snuggle up with you. How about putting a blanket at the bottom of your bed? Or get him a really nice bed for your bedroom floor. Don't let your b/f treat him badly, there is a certain way to go about doing things....he needs to bond with the dog. Sudden changes in a dogs surroundings can cause behavioral changes. I think you and your boyfriend should do something together with the dog, like puppy classes or something.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

lots of people have dogs in the bedroom, me included, are you giving him mixed signals, its OK when there is only you 2, but taboo when the boyfriend stays over,, you need to be consistent with him, dogs are pack animals and your 1 of his pack,and he wants to be with you,and you gave him the ground rules and now want to change, it wont be easy, and you will have lots of sleepless nights, try fooling him so he thinks your around, leave the telly or radio on,then again you can always tell the boyfriend love me love my dog.good luck.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

why not put a dog bed at the side of your bed this way the dog is still with you but not on the bed, it is a compromise that i am sure your boyfriend can not object to, as you say you live on your own and your boyfriend just stays with you, it is your house and your dog so i feel you should have the final say in the matter, it would not be fair to have your puppy in your bed when your boyfriend is not there and then evict him to the kitchen when your boyfriend stays, this will only confuse your puppy and quite naturally he will cry all night and get up to mischief, as long as you keep the bedroom clean and hoovered then a dog in the bedroom is OK, if you choose the dog bed it may take a few nights to train him in staying in his bed and not getting in yours but be consistent and it will work, you really have to think that your baby is going to live with you for at least 10 years quite possibly more, your boyfriend at the moment is just a visitor, if you split up it would not be fair on your dog to keep changing his routine, every time the man in your life disagrees with how you keep your dog, i personally do not let my dogs sleep on the bed with me, it is cute as a puppy but as they get bigger they steal your pillows and covers in the night and boy do they snore in your ear, so i have a bed by my side and they are quite happy about this, so this may be your soloution, i hope it all works out for you, best of luck, if all else fails you can always make your boyfriend sleep in the kitchen :)



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

It's your dog, your house, your rules. If you want your dog to be in your bedroom well he can but if you want get a blanket and a dog bed and put it near the door or near the bed and the dog hair won't get all over and he won't cry or bark because he is alone. He will still be in the bedroom too.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

Dog stays in the bedroom. When bf comes over, dog stays in the bedroom on the floor.



If you have to choose between them,



TAKE THE DOG!



Don't take orders from the bf, especially about your dog.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

yes he will get used to it. the worst thing you can do is come down in the middle of the night to comfort him, because then he will think that if he barks, he gets attention. My dog usually slept with me, but then she got old and fell down the stairs so i had to keep her downstairs. She barked for 2 nights, but now she is fine so it will hopefully be the same for you



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

He will eventually get used to it.Have you tried to put his sleeping blanket just outside your door.We have done this with our dog and she seems happier than she was when in the kitchen.



HELP NEEDED....dog in the bedroom?

I would get another boyfriend, it is your house

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans