Thursday, June 17, 2010

How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

how can i get hair off my bedroom carpet? my vacuum (and 3 others ive tried) dont pick it up, they leave a burning smell behind and im sick of crawling on my hands and knees trying to pick it up. its dog hair, cat hair and human hair (i lose alot of hair when i brush/straighten in) how can i get it off my carpet? i scrape my floor daily and it makes no difference..please help



ive even tried keeping my dog and cats out of my room but it doesnt really help..ahhhh



How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

Swiffer Carpet Flick is great. It works like a lint roller. Really gets up those annoying little fine hairs.



How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

Did you try a lint roller? We use ours all the time to pick up hairs



How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

to start with, put your trainers on, then scrape along the carpet with the base of your trainers. As you see, you will be pulling all the hair into a pile as you scrape, keep doing this all over your carpet. As you go along, every time you get a good pile of hair suck it up in the vacum. You will eventually get all the hair up from the carpet. I do this about once a fortnight. It is surprising how much hair you can pick up.



How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

Remove the carpet and put down something such as tile or hardwood.



How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

Use a broom or an old hair brush and sweep or brush it up. I always do this before vacuuming because we have 2 women with long hair in the house, hair is horrid on a vacuum!



How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

I was having the same problem. I read that spraying or spritzing the carpet first with a solution of small amount of fabric softener mixed with mostly water helps. I tried it and



it really worked for me. My Hoover vacuum was getting older and just wasn't picking up like it had. This made all the difference. It must break the static cling of the hair to the carpet.



I also checked out Consumer Reports and found that they recommended a Eureka The Boss Smart Vac as a Best Buy considering price and suction ( for both dirt and hair).



They are about $150.00 at Lowes and probably a lot of other places, and Consumer Reports rated them as better than the Dyson (3x as pricey) as far as picking up hair.



I read people comments about the Eureka and there were lots of negatives about the stiffness of the workings of the Eureka and cheaper made, and I almost went with the Dyson. Then I decided I could buy 3 of the Eurekas for the price and decided to give it a try. It picks up hair without the fabric softener!!!!!!!!! WOW. I admit I understood the negative comments about the Eureka Boss most of which were written right after purchase. It was hard for me to adjust it at first also, but once I read carefully the pointers and got used to following them, I love my vacuum. It really gets my



carpets cleaner.



Used to be I would have said I wouldn't have gotten anything but a Hoover, for either a vacuum or steam cleaner, but Hoover's quality has gone way done. When I got my first Hoovers years ago as a result of comments from Consumer Reports I loved them and they lasted for years and years.



When I moved I decided due to their age to just buy new ones. What a mistake. The new ones are JUNK JUNK JUNK!!! I loved them at first especially my new Hoover Steam Cleaner which was GREAT for picking up hair just as my old one AT FIRST. The key words here are AT FIRST.



My new one gave out in much less than a year after having to purchase 2 extra clean water tanks. (MY OLD TANK LASTED !0 YEARS OR MORE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. . Another problem with my new steam cleaner was that the brushes stopped working shortly after purchase. THE BRUSHES ARE WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT PICKING UP HAIR. The brushes on both my Steam Cleaner and my new vacuum both stopped working almost immediately. ON MY OLD HOOVERS I did have to change brushes after several years, The difference is that this time changing brushes didn't work. The cheaply made assembly which holds the brushes in broke so ???



I still remembered my past years of satisfaction with my Hoovers and decided that since you can always get a lemon,



I'd try another Hoover Steam Vac. Same problem. The tank



became a sieve almost immediately and the brushes broke



in less than a month. I AM REALLY MAD.



I was reading some comments from new owners about the



Hoover Steam Vacs and they mentioned how great the cleaning is of both dirt and hair. I agree but where it once lasted for years it now lasts for a very short time, and unfortunately the price doesn't warrant using Hoovers as



Disposable Vacuums and Steam Cleaners ALTHOUGH THAT BASICALLY IS WHAT THEY HAVE BECOME.



Good luck with your hair problem!



Devon



How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

Lint rollers are my best friend-d/t owning cats and dogs.I vaccuum first and then use my lint roller.They have them now for floors with long arms. They also say that if you use a carpet fresh with baking soda in it it will help loosen and stop the static electricity.



How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

try lint roller it worked for me



How to get hair off the carpet and the vacuum wont get it?

try carpet fresh for pets. they make some to help with picking up pet hair when vaccumed .. not sure how it orks but ive used it and it does help........

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans